Monday, January 14, 2013

Dreams

It's funny how our dreams change. I can't remember all of mine as a kid, but I know being a princess was in there somewhere. I wanted to live in a castle on the water and have lots of ponies and pretty dresses. Come to think about it.. maybe I haven't deviated away from that dream as much as I thought.. I mean, what girl doesn't want to be a princess? 

I have a whole new outlook on life. I guess that is what happens when you grow up. Things that mattered when I was younger are not even worries now. I am one of those women who rather have friends and family over for a home cooked meal, rather then eat at a fancy, expensive restaurant. I am one of those women who enjoys the hunt of finding an old, discarded picture frame, seeing the beauty of the chipped paint, and realizing that it would be a great chalk board, or calender.

Rather than a castle, I now dream of finding an old farmhouse to rehab. 

           Like this...      :)

I would fill it with found treasures and family heirlooms. It would be something out of a country living magazine! An old farmhouse dining table, that seats 20 people. Beamed ceilings, and paned glass windows that over looked a barn covered in roses.


Instead of ponies and pretty dresses, I would have pigs and chickens. 


What led me to this new dream? Is it just a vision I now have as I mature? (ok, maybe mature is too harsh of a word) Or have my experiences in life guided me to this new idea? I like to think that it is both. 

What were your dreams? Have they changed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment