Monday, January 28, 2013

Inspiration

Where do you find inspiration? A book? Friends? An awesome song, color or, my personal favorite.. a great quote? 

I find inspiration everywhere.. Lately, its been through friends.. but today I came across this wonderful quote that I have seen and read a few times before.. 


How true is this??

It is only 15 words but it sure says a lot! When I read this, it gives me the motivation to press on! (As scary as that might be) To stay in a state of depression or anxiety is oddly comfortable since it is familiar. Its almost unsettling to be calm since being anxious has become the normal for me. There are days where I am cool as a cucumber and don't notice the absence of the nervousness, those are great days!! I want more of them!! 

Deciding to be peaceful isn't as easy as flipping a switch. (wouldn't that be wonderful if it was??!) It takes determination and a lot of patience. (and sometimes medication.. haha) Staying on the remote Isle of Panic is not an option for me. I want off!! I want to set sail and find new shores to explore. Lands abundant in peace, tranquility and well being. A sort of paradise where heart palpitations are from too much coffee.. not a sign of impending doom.. where a headache is just a headache and not an aneurysm. Where being imperfect is perfectly acceptable, worry is just a word, and days are full of laughter and joy.. Ahhhh.. sounds like heaven!

Now, how do I get there? I guess I should start building a boat, one sturdy enough to handle the rough waters, and ease the fear as I lose sight of the shore. A strong and comfortable vessel that can handle the waves of uncertainty with ease.  Yes, that is what I need to do. 

Inspiration shall be my boat, and keep me on track to my ideal destination. Continuing to press forward through my  panic and apprehension will be challenging, but I am ready to confront my fears.

Wish me luck! Bon Voyage!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment